Saturday, July 23, 2016

The 3 Hour Travel: Hoyohoy, a hidden paradise in Tangub City, Misamis Occidental


The moment the plane touched Mindanao: it was a breezy Monday morning with a clear skies. It’s a good day since I am also hyped for the trip ahead. As a person who grew in Manila, travels like this makes me happy. The wind is cold here, not like the type of wind we have in the Metro. Everything is in perfect mix, the wind, the sun, the weather; I guess I can get use to this. Then, the sweet ride to Hoyohoy Highland Stone Chapel Organic Farm & Adventure Park at Tangub City, Misamis Occidental.


I am starving since I woke up 2 AM. We left Manila at 5:00. The flight took an hour and the car ride took 30 mins from the airport to Tangub. Technically, it’s much faster going to Misamis Occidental from Manila than from Manila to Pasay, isn’t that hilarious? It was a smooth ride since the roads were perfectly paved. We arrived at Hoyohoy just in time for breakfast. They served as steamed rice, boiled egg, dried fish, and bitter melon. It is a perfect savory. And it is so fresh, probably because it’s organic.


Hoyohoy is mesmerizing.  The mountain, the wind and the sun welcomed us. Overlooking, you will see the Panguil bay mixing with the clouds. On the left however is the broad stature of Malindang Mountain ranges peeking on the curtain of the sunrise. You can also hear the howling of the wind. This is a complete package of nature. I did not expect this scene to be this beauty. I’ve traveled so much and I say, this scene really is one of a kind.


You think this all they’ve got? Much as I want to believe that this beauty is already ecstatic, there I realize that they’ve got so much more to offer. I am baffled on how I will consume all my overwhelming inside when we have our tour on their organic farm. This brought not just a blissful sight because of the perfect landscape of the farm but also a craving in my tummy.


You can also try one of Hoyohoys adventure package. They have the longest zipline in asia with two operating lines, first is 1.5 KMs and 500 meters deep while line 2 is 1.2KMs and 20 meters deep. Can you imagine all the shouting you can make?



Short but worth a million tons of smile. Our Hoyohoy trip was a blast. I enjoyed every minute of our stay. We had morning walks while waiting for the sunrise from an 850 meter area above sea level slope. 



Can you visualize such beauty?  It was bitter and sweet affair since we will be leaving soon, as I said earlier- I can get used to this. For now I'll say goodbye or rather till I see you then Hoyohoy. Maybe when I am tired in the metro, I can simply go back. Anyway it’s just a 3 hour travel away from home. 



Mr. Loreto Leo Ocampos, owner of Hoyohoy Highland Stone Chapel Adventure Park is truly a successful yet humble man. He managed to build his property into a paradise. During our stay, he has also been very generous, engaged and knowledgeable. He personally toured us every morning and shared all his knowledge. He never failed to make us laugh too, he is a funny and interesting person. 

.................................


Ecstatic
...
This is my general description of my travel in Hoyohoy. Since the temperature was close to baguio, I can recommend this to people who are looking for peace and personal freedom. This place is the best to unwind and reconnect to nature. 
__________________________

FB: Hoyohoy Highland Stone Chapel Adventure Park
Phone: 0917 326 7878

Blogger
email: karlcysalibio@gmail.com
facebook: karlsalibio@yahoo.com
Instagram: karlsalibio
ati.da.gov.ph 
ATI Building, Elliptical Road, Diliman
Quezon City 1100 Philippines
Trunkline: (63-2) 9298541 to 49
Fax no. (63-2) 9209792
facebook, twitter, instagram: atiinteractive














1 comment:

  1. Philippines is so blessed with the wonders of nature.THE BEAUTY OF MINDANAO.JUST WOW:) Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete